Sandman Hotels, Inns and Suites Ltd
Job Title: Housekeeping Room Attendants
Positions Available: 12
Minimum Education: None
NOC Group: Light Duty Cleaners (6661)
NOC Job Title: Housekeeping Room Attendant
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada’s fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
The Room Attendant will promote a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests. The Room Attendant must understand his/her role as brand ambassador and provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
- Arrange furniture following use by guests
- Responds to guests and requests in a prompt and courteous manner
- Ensures all lost property items left in guest rooms are recorded on the worksheet and handed in to the Supervisor/Manager at the end of the shift
- Ensures all maintenance and safety hazards are promptly reported to the Supervisor/Manager to minimize hazard risk
- Takes responsibility for equipment, ensuring it is operated correctly and secure at all times
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the correct handling procedures
- Reports any unusual or suspicious persons/activities happening in the area of security to the manager
- Reports any maintenance issues including burned out light bulbs
- Puts stationary in folder along with pens and places in desk drawer
- Check under bed, drawers, and closet for left behind articles and or trash
- Cleans sink and fixtures
- Restock all terry, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee and other amenities
- Clean coffee pots when needed, – ensures pots are plugged in
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- No education or experience required, we will train one on one
- Ability to follow instruction
- Good communication skills are an asset
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Professional appearance and manners
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org