Trenton Cold Storage Inc.
Business information: Established in 1902, at Trenton Cold Storage our specialty is customized temperature-controlled warehousing and distribution.
We provide Canada with more than 34,000,000 cubic feet of cold storage and refrigerated warehouse space in our seven Ontario and two Alberta facilities.
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents
- Maintain internal record-keeping system
- Route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Pack goods to be shipped
- Unpack goods received
- Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods
- Inbound –greet drivers
- Organize receiving documentation by appointment times and priority and enter into warehouse management system.
- Assign door to driver
- Inspect product in trailers, check temperatures
- Unload trailers and receive product using material handling equipment
- Put product away in assigned locations
- Outbound – Use warehouse management system to retrieve order lists, look for product and confirm orders
- Bring out full pallets using forklift, light maintenance of forklift truck
- Accurately pick orders for shipment
- Clean up damages and provide recoup for orders
- Prepare and organize bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents.
- Finalize loads
- Return paperwork to driver, affix seals and release truck
- Maintain clean working environment
Weight handling: Up to 23kg (50 lbs)
Work Setting: Warehouse
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment
– Work under pressure
– Repetitive tasks
– Handling heavy loads
– Physically demanding
– Bending, crouching, kneeling
– Large workload
– Standing/sitting for extended periods
– Mental concentration required
- Team player
-Education: Completion of secondary school
-Experience: Experience is an asset. We will train.
-This position is physically demanding and involves manual labour.
-Workers must be able to work in cold temperatures (-18C)
-Workers must have good communication skills and be able to use computers
-Forklift license is an asset
– We provide disability, dental, extended medical insurance and pension. We also provide boot allowance, fitness allowance, profit sharing, uniforms, reward and incentive program, training and paid sick days. Transportation costs covered if workers need to relocate.
– There will be an increase of wage after 3, 6 and 12 months depending on performance.
Flexibility in schedule and overtime work will be required. The position involves working on rotating shifts and may include weekends.
Shifts will either be a M.A.D. rotation (8 hour shifts, Midnight, Afternoons, Days) or a continental rotation (12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights every two weeks including weekends). Schedule will be based on customer volumes.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com