D.W.S. Roofing and Waterproofing Services Inc
DWS has gained a reputation as one of the Ottawa Valley’s most reputable and
efficient roofing and waterproofing contractors. We provide services for commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings of all sizes.
Work Location: Various locations throughout ON excluding Hamilton-Niagara Peninsula and Kingston-
Type of Employment: Seasonal/ 6 month contract
Estimated Start Date: Early May 2020
- Load and unload and transport construction materials.
- Assist in building roofs.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other
- Assist in in removing old roofs and installing new roof systems
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as air compressors, reciprocating saws,
air guns, nail guns and drills.
- Assist in installing, repairing or replacing single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials
such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install sheet metal flashings.
- Assist in applying waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground
- Set up safety equipment
- Move material
- Discard garbage
I). Education: Education is not required
II). Experience: Experience in the trade or general construction experience is a strong asset. On-the-job training is provided.
- Client focus
- Hard working
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
– Repetitive tasks
–Handling heavy loads
–Work at heights and outdoors
– Bending, crouching, kneeling
– Long hours
We provide disability, dental, extended medical and life insurance coverage as part of our standard
benefits for workers. We also offer clothing, pension plan benefits and bonuses depending on the worker’s
performance. Transportation costs are covered if the worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: This position requires working 40 to 50 hours per week, from Monday to Friday. Our
business is weather dependent.
Most common work schedule is from 6am to 5pm with 30 minutes of unpaid lunch and 2 paid breaks of 15 min. Flexibility on schedule is required.
Saturdays/overtime may be required depending on the weather conditions and projects schedules.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org