Sealink Excavating Ltd.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
Visa Sponsorship included: Yes
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate the excavator/hoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment; clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
- Operate bulldozers or other heavy equipment to clear brush and stumps prior to logging activities.
- Operate heavy equipment such as bulldozers, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and related activities
- Cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule.
- Operate Excavators on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Operate heavy paving and surfacing equipment to lay, spread or compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction;
- Operate heavy equipment to move, load and unload cargo;
- Other construction related duties as required.
Completion of secondary school is required.
Some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment is required.
On-the-job training will be provided.
Skills & Abilities:
- Possess physical strength to operate heavy and power-driven equipment
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner
- Can work independently with minimum supervision
- Flexible to work during odd hours
– Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity and exposure to dust and asphalt.
– Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50lbs on a regular basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com