Wonder Shows Ltd
Business information: Wonder Shows is a travelling carnival that provides the power, the lights and the sounds of a great outdoor family experience. We have amusement rides, games and concessions for all ages.
Now in our 54th year, Wonder Shows has continuously maintained a clean, family owned and operated midway, traveling to major festivals throughout Manitoba. Safety at Wonder Shows plays a vital role when it comes to keeping customers and employees safe while enjoying the thrills of the midway.
Work Location: We travel to various locations within the province of Manitoba
Type of Employment: Full Time – Seasonal / 5-month contract
- Assist in the set-up and tear down of rides, game tents, concession stands
- Operate rides and amusements
- Operate game booth
- Perform routine maintenance and safety inspections of attraction equipment
- Clean and maintain recreational facilities and grounds
- Collect tickets and admit patrons to travelling carnival and rides
- Assist patrons on and off rides
- Secure and release safety belts and bars
- Oversee game activities and ensure safety of participants
- Participate in the upkeep of the overall appearance of the shows, rides, concessions and games
- May drive trucks, vans and other vehicles to transport amusement rides, games and other attractions to amusement attraction sites.
– Education: Not required
– Experience: Experience is an asset
– Any type of valid driver license is an asset. Class 1 with air-brake driver license is a very strong asset.
– On-the-job training is provided.
– Bending, crouching, kneeling, Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Fast-paced environment, Standing for extended periods
– Excellent oral communication, Team player, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills
Benefits: First shirt and first hat provided. Bunk houses are provided at no cost unless they are damaged. Transportation from location to location. Also, travel expenses costs covered if worker needs to relocate for the season.
Workers are required to travel to different cities and towns within Manitoba. Workers needed for next season starting Mid- April, 2020.
Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedule will vary. We work weekends and possible overtime (extended hours). Work from 8 to 12 hours per day. Work on Monday, Wednesday, Friday (day and evening), Saturday (day and evening), and Sunday. 2 Days off per week (Tuesday and Thursday).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com