J Gill Business Sol Ltd
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening shift.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Number of positions available: 4 position
Education: Not required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A) and Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
Experience: No experience required. Paid on job training will be provided
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English is required.
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Provincial/territorial, International.
Company will be responsible for ensuring successful candidate(s) who are not Canadian residents are assisted in the process of procuring their Canadian work permits/visas.
- Driver logbook,
- Bill of lading,
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip),
- Trans-border documentation,
- Maintenance and repair reports,
- Trip reports,
- Accident or incident reports.
Communication Equipment Experience: Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Loading and unloading of goods.
- Plan travel schedules and routes use atlases and other trip planning aids.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, willing to travel as two-person team, valid driver’s license.
Work Location Information: Various locations in Canada and North America.
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Finding information, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Other: Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcome applications from Aboriginals and New Immigrants.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com