Folding Mountain Outfitters
(room and board provided at no cost to employee)
Job Type: Permanent (40 hours per week), Seasonal
Language: English required
Minimum Education: High school
Positions Available: 1
Our company is seeking to hire one Big Game hunting guide for the 2019 season. Our guide territory is located at a remote wilderness camp in Northern British Columbia, Mile 419 Alaska Highway, Toad River, BC. This is seasonal work from approximately July 2019 to October 2019.
This job requires the guides to accompany clients in a wilderness setting for up to 2 weeks at a time. The guides must be in great physical condition and have extensive back country horsemanship skills (riding, packing, shoeing, caring, feeding, etc.).
Work Site: Outdoors
Main Duties include:
- Escort groups on outdoor sport and recreational trips
- Assemble camping gear and supplies
- Advise on specific regulations such as hunting and fishing laws and boating regulations, follow environmental guidelines and prevent violations
- Prepare meals
- Set up and take down camps
- Provide outdoor, wilderness, and wildlife instruction
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Operate and maintain firearms
- Orienteering and/or survival
- General outdoors guiding
- Hunting (firearms)
- Trail riding (horseback)Employment Requirements:
– Several years’ experience (1-2 years) in the field (big game hunting, wilderness survival and guiding)
– CPR certificate preferred, but not required
– First Aid Certificate preferred, but not required
– Qualified and passed the BC Assistant Guide License (or ability to pass upon hiring)
No phone calls please.
-We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
-We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com