690128 B.C. Ltd.
We are currently seeking a Farm Manager to manage our blueberry farms located in Abbotsford and Langly (BC).
This position will be responsible for overseeing all farm and business operations, including growth operations, harvesting, packaging, sales as well as maintaining activities and staffing at the farm.
This position will work closely with both seasonal and permanent employees of the farm.
Type of Business: Blueberry Farm
Position: Farm Manager
Number of positions: 1
Terms of employment: Permanent; Year- round work
Accommodation: Available (if required)
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
- Manage the overall operations of the farm (e.g. growth, harvesting, packaging, sales etc.)
- Evaluate, identify and arrange key requirements in equipment, infrastructure and work force.
- Establish and execute marketing program to increase blueberry production and revenue.
- Organize and coordinate planting, cultivation and harvesting activities of the farm.
- Ensure that farm machinery, equipment and buildings are well maintained
- Plan pesticide and nutrient applications and maintain records.
- Maintain financial and production records.
- Hire and train workers.
- Perform other farm duties as and when required.
Visa Sponsorship included: Yes
- Completion of secondary school.
- Education in agriculture or related to crop production would be an asset, but not mandatory.
- 2-3 years of relevant farm work experience is required.
– Accommodation will be provided at $30/week (if required).
– Transportation to workplace is available (if required).
Essential Skills required: Problem-solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Significant use of memory.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Work under pressure, a combination of sitting, standing and walking.
Work-site Environment: Outdoors, wet, damp, rain, shine, hot, cold weather
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their resume with contact information. Thank you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org